Thursday, April 24, 2003

So, my brother tells me that the reason people whining about how busy they are while inconveniencing other people makes me so aggro . . . well, he tells me that I really am too busy. He suggests that I slow the fuck down and smell the roses and stop driving myself so hard that almost everyone else seems lazy to me. He also pointed out strenuously that I need to stop worrying so much about helping other people and pay attention to when they are taking too much out of me. I gotta admit he has a point. Or two. But this means that something has to go. I need to make lists for the next few days I think and figure out what all I do with my time and then take a sincere look at surgically removing some of the cancer from my schedule. My bro is so right that I should take more time to just chill, drink coffee with friends, keep in touch with folks I like and care about, read a book, go to the gym, travel for pleasure, watch a music video without stressing about the three minutes I could have been working.

So what do I do?

Journalistic art photography
Journalistic writing
Fiction writing
Screenwriting
Magazine editing
Site editing
Event promotion
Erotic art photography
Commercial photography
Site promotion
Publishing consulting
Site updating
Design

Sheesh. I can't decide whether I should try to break this all down into some sort of giant list of component parts. Some of these things would be easier if I just stopped doing them entirely. Some of them I probably just need to trim down a little. Food for thought. I'm sure thinking about it, but I haven't figured out what to do yet.

--Amelia G