Sunday, November 14, 2004

Contact

So, for my most recent Marquis column, I interviewed an awesome designer named Luci. When I asked Luci what contact info I should list for her, she said, "human contact is bad." I'm not sure all human contact is bad, but I'm starting to think phone and email are kinda bad. Maybe instant messenger too, but the jury is still out on that.

This is probably not a news bulletin to anyone who knows me or reads my journal, but I do not heal very well these days. I have a broken ankle. When I went in for my second set of xrays, they showed absolutely zero bone regrowth. If I am still on crutches in three months, I will have to undergo some sort of creepy bone stimulation therapy. I need help for freaking everything right now. Just getting some goat cheese on spelt bread or taking a bath is a nighmarish chore.

I was going to complain about people in general, but actually most people I know have been really awesome. (Anj -- Forrest sent you payment at double standard rate for being so cool and patient with my slow ass.) There are just a few people who have really been bugging me. I don't want to tell someone to fuck off just because I feel sucky. But, if I freaking tell someone what is going on with me, which I don't usually do with medical stuff, and they are still all pushy and think their thing should be top priority, it really bugs the hell out of me.

Most people I know have been really cool, but I just feel like hell. The stress on my body is just really getting to me.

And I did feel better when I pretty much ignored the existence of email for a few days. I think I am going to develop a schedule of only checking it a few times a week or something.